I love ducks!

This is my online journal, a place for my thoughts and stuff.

My Photo
Name:
Location: South Florida, United States

I'm sweet, smart, and sassy!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

1st date with Jeff

I finally went on a date! It's been over a year and I had so many cancellations by other guys but I finally had one! Jeff is 34, Jewish, very sweet and kind hearted. He was an alcoholic and takes drugs for depression now, but he seems to have it all together now. He has a BS in sociology and a dog.
So we went to the mall and we were supposed to meet by macy's but we met by the food court instead. When I got there, he wasn't around and I was so scared that he had seen me coming and decided to hightail it out of there! But actually he was in the best buy store. He came out and gave me a hug. He's balding on top, but otherwise cute. The first thing he said was 'You're even prettier than your picture!" That was sweet. He also said I have a beautiful smile. Then we walked around a while and ended up at starbucks. He bought my coffee (of course!) then we sat on a bench to talk. I did the lean back thing and the notice the water (in the fountain) and the eye contact. He seemed to open up. Later we sat in the food court (cuz he had to go to the bathroom) and I did the lean back, hands open pose. And he was actually leaning in towards me, giving, like the waterwheel! at one point he said "I feel like I've known you forever." Good stuff! then we went to eat at Stir Crazy. It was ok...Chinese food. He paid again (of course!). He paid cash both times...hopefully he has a credit card. He told me he wished we could spend more time together (he had to leave to go to a work dinner). He asked me out for next Tuesday and right now we have tentative plans. When he left, he said "Give me a hug." And he leaned in and kissed me on the cheek. I could tell by his face he was going to do something. It was really sweet. Later he texted me and said he had a good time with me. :)
I think this is the smoothest first date I've ever had. He admitted he was nervous but I didn't feel nervous at all with him. It felt like "Yeah, he's just one of the many guys circling around me...I like him, but I can like other guys too." No more putting all my eggs in one basket, pinning all my hopes on one guy. Or even pinning any hope on any guy! I didn't think about things like does he like me? does he think i'm pretty? is he having a good time? i just relaxed and let it happen. I was being, not doing. And it was a blast! =)

Update: On Friday, he called me and asked me out for Monday. I said, "That's Valentine's Day!" And he said "Oh, that's perfect! Will you be my valentine?" Isn't that just adorable??? I said of course I would be! :)
Now I feel all warm and tingly...=)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home